Monday, August 24, 2009

collecting myself and my sanity

i depart for india in t-minus 5 days. yes, 5.

5 precious days to watch endless law&order episodes on tivo, squeeze (and by squeeze i mean love) the life out of my cat and dog, zulu and banana, and shove as much sushi from kyoto into my mouth as humanly possible.

5 days to drive around in my big, fat SUV, drink PJ's dry of all coffee reserves, and dream about rockbrook camp for girls and how i wish i was still there.

PSYCH. there are things i WOULD be doing if i didn't have two books to read, a paper to write, and a language to learn by the time i leave on saturday, all of which i should be working on right now. so much for a leisurely last week in the cresent city.

4 comments:

  1. so glad you're bloggin'! can't wait to read about all of your adventures. hope that your time with the fam before you in embark is quality:) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read about all your incredible adventures. Hurry and make some entries now that we know you have arrived safely. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this sounds pathetic, but I'm coming to check in here WAY too often...I'm dying to hear your tales...throw me something, mista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Komul's honor, the Beckers and Framptons toasted you and your curry adventures at an Indian restaurant last night. The mild dishes were packed with punch so I hope your stomach is ready for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete